New York State has a health insurance plan for kids, called Child Health Plus.
- The monthly premium price depends on household income and family size. There is no monthly premium for families with lower incomes.
- Child Health Plus has no annual deductible and no co-payments.
You can enroll your child in Child Health Plus at any time during the year through NY State of Health. Instructions on how to enroll are available here.
- Read the Child Health Plus At a Glance card to learn about eligibility factors, covered benefits, and premium prices.
- Use the Plans by County Tool to learn what health plans are available in your county for Child Health Plus.
- Use the NYS Provider & Health Plan Look-Up tool when you are deciding which health plan to enroll in or when you are looking for a provider, for example a hospital or doctor, that works with your plan.
- Visit the NYS Department of Health's Child Health Plus website if you are looking for other information.
Does your child already have health insurance through Child Health Plus?
Starting in Spring 2023, New York State will restart eligibility checks to make sure enrollees still qualify for Child Health Plus, the Essential Plan, and Medicaid. This means you may need to take action to renew your health insurance or the insurance of your family members. Learn more here.