Many New Yorkers think they can't get health insurance because it costs too much, but NY State of Health's Essential Plan includes comprehensive benefits with no monthly premium and very low cost sharing, if you qualify.
- It has no deductible, so the plan starts paying for your health care right away.
- It covers comprehensive benefits, including dental and vision, inpatient and outpatient hospital care, prescription drugs and more.
- It also covers free preventive care like routine doctor exams and screenings to keep you healthy.
You can enroll in the Essential Plan at any time during the year through NY State of Health. Instructions on how to enroll are available here.
- Read the Essential Plan At a Glance card or Fact Sheet to learn about eligibility factors, benefits, and cost sharing.
- Use the Plans by County Tool to learn what health plans are available in your county for the Essential Plan.
- Use the NYS Provider & Health Plan Look-Up tool when you are deciding which health plan to enroll in or when you are looking for a provider, for example a hospital or doctor, that works with your plan.
Do you or a family member already have health insurance through the Essential Plan?
Starting in Spring 2023, New York State will restart eligibility checks to make sure enrollees still qualify for the Essential Plan, Child Health Plus, and Medicaid. This means you may need to take action to renew your health insurance or the insurance of your family members. Learn more here.
essential health plan