Qualified Health Plans are available through NY State of Health to individuals who are:
- New York State residents
- Lawfully present in the U.S.
- Not eligible for Medicaid, the Essential Plan or Child Health Plus
The price you pay each month will depend on the plan you pick and if you are eligible for premium tax credits.
- Most people are eligible for tax credits which lower your monthly cost.
- Tax credits are calculated based on your income, household size, and where you live.
- The 2022 Open Enrollment Period remains open throughout the federal COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
- Read the Qualified Health Plan At a Glance card to learn about eligibility, covered benefits, and costs.
- Use the Plans by County Tool to learn what Qualified Health Plans are available in your county.
- Read the How to Pick a Health Plan fact sheet to learn about the 6 things to consider when choosing a Qualified Health Plan.
- Use the Compare Plans and Estimate Cost tool to get an estimate of any tax credit you may be eligible for.
- Use the NYS Provider & Health Plan Look-Up tool when you are deciding which health plan to enroll in or when you are looking for a provider, for example a hospital or doctor, that works with your plan.