What you should know about applying for or renewing your Medicaid coverage through NY State of Health if Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is Rescinded
1. Rescission of DACA does not change your PRUCOL status for Medicaid
Under New York State law, individuals with DACA status and those with rescinded DACA status, may be eligible for state-funded Medicaid under an immigration category known as PRUCOL, permanently residing under color of law.
2. What you need to do to renew your Medicaid or apply for Medicaid if your DACA status has been rescinded
Call Customer Service at 1-855-355-5777, TTY: 1-800-662-1220 or meet with an in-person assistor in your community. Let the representative or your assistor know that you have or had DACA status. Your employment authorization card, even if it has expired, will be accepted as proof of your status.
3. Help is available in many languages
- The representatives who answer our phones speak many languages. If they don’t speak yours, they will get you a translator.
- We have trained assistors in your community who speak your language. If you like, they can also come to where you live or work.
4. Information you give us will not be shared
- What you tell NY State of Health and its assistors is private.
- The information you give us to enroll in a health plan will not be shared with anyone else and it will not be used for any other purpose.
About NY State of Health
New York opened its health plan Marketplace, NY State of Health, in October 2013. The Marketplace’s one stop health insurance shopping experience offers high quality comprehensive health plans. NY State of Health is the only place where consumers can qualify to get help paying for coverage through premium discounts or tax credits. Eligible New Yorkers can also enroll in Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Essential Plan through the Marketplace all year. For more information about the NY State of Health Marketplace, please visit: https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call Customer Service at 1-855-355-5777, TTY: 1-800-662-1220 or find an enrollment assistor.